Julia Anderson walk us through some difficult ancestor searches in her video "The Needle in the Haystack: Researching Women and Minorities using FamilySearch’s Full-Text Search" offered through BYU Library Family History Center.
This video is packed with tons of information. I found it so helpful that I have already found two new records for my most stubborn brick wall ancestor and I have only tried one of her many tips so far.
This video is packed with tons of information. I found it so helpful that I have already found two new records for my most stubborn brick wall ancestor and I have only tried one of her many tips so far.
Julia focuses on finding women, enslaved and other minority groups using FamilySearch's Full Text Search (FTS) tool. She offers a basic intro to the FTS and strategies for finding a variety of challenging ancestor groups - women, enslaved, Native American, and immigrants. She presents many examples and suggestions to bring you success in your own search.
Plan to watch this video at least a couple of times to absorb all the knowlege Julia is sharing. There is also a five page handout to help you with the finer points of searching on FTS. This video is well worth the time investment.
![]() |
| source: kindpng.com |

Comments
Post a Comment