The Fall 2020 Issue (Vol. 4, Issue 1) of our award winning newsletter, Wake Genealogy Watch, is now available online for reading or download. WGW is free for all, members and followers alike.
- Ted Bainbridge offers companion articles about revisiting your research and using original documents to get the most out of your research.
- Meet our new Board Members.
- Olivia Raney Family History Library renovation sneak peek.
- Barbara McGeachy profiles two valuable local learning resources - Osher Lifelong Learning Institute and Raleigh Senior Tech Ed
- Cynthia Gage digs deeper into advanced newspaper research with some search strategies that will find gems in the press to add to your ancestor's story
- Details on a recent gift of genealogy books to Thornton Library.
- A curated list of genetic genealogy videos to sharpen your skills at all levels
- A call from North Carolina Genealogical Society for Bible Records for their future publication.
- Dennis Martin and Cynthia Whited profile the books and book series that are the culmination of their twenty years of research.
- Yet another surprisingly packed event calendar.
Click this newsletter page link to view this and all past newsletter content.
We welcome your feedback, input, and submissions for inclusions in future editions. Please address all concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the WCGS Blog for more events, late breaking news, tutorials, updates and other special posts.