You can visit the WCGS website or access through this link - Wake Genealogy Watch, Summer 2020
This issue contains the following topics:
• A reflective look at the collective history that we are making as we pass the time during the Covid 19 pandemic.
• Links to NC Archives’ Your Story is North Carolina’s Story Project. They hope to capture, preserve, and share our collective pandemic experience.
• Links to the National Emergency Library for your homebound research emergencies.
• Cynthia Gage shows how exhaustive newspaper research will give you a better version of an event. Don’t just find one article and quit looking.
• Strategies for researching challenging surnames.
• Book review - My Own, My Country's Time. The autobiography of Raleigh native, Vermont Royster.
• News about NGS Virtual Conference 2020.
• Take advantage of the latest genealogy promotions to keep us busy with up to the minute tips from Barbara McGeachy.
• And, a surprisingly full virtual event schedule.
Photo Note: If you choose to read a printed version of this newsletter, some of the photos will be difficult to view due to size constraints. Please refer back to the online edition where you can enlarge the photos to accommodate better viewing. Enjoy!
Click this newsletter page link to view this and all past newsletter content.
We welcome your feedback, input, and submissions for inclusions in future editions. Please address all concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the WCGS Blog for more events, late breaking news, tutorials, updates and other special posts.