Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Wake Wednesday - Evolution of a Local Store Front - 111 Fayetteville Street

I got really curious about the California Restaurant from a published Thanksgiving menu that I had written about previously. I have looked high and low for that menu so I could share it here, but no luck. I will share it if I find it. If you find it first, help a girl out, please?



I did some research and reading about the California.  I found some really interesting facts about it, especially the evolution from fruit store to restaurant then to clothing store. It was featured in a write up on the Goodnight Raleigh blog. 



The history of the California is really fascinating, especially if you have these surnames in your tree:  Vernakes, Stathacos, Adler.

You can view this great story here.

Still looking for that menu, by the way.


Visit Wake County Genealogical Society's Website - Homepage | WCGS Events | Join WCGS | Publications | Wake Cemetery Survey Images | Society Surnames | Digital Resources | History Resources | More Links and Resources | Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment